Monday, March 22, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

I'm playing catch-up on the sketch challenges over at the Stars and Stamps Blog. I'm glad I had these done before the blog hop. I'm on idea overload after all the cards I saw posted yesterday. I'm always amazed by the talent of the crafters who make cards for our military heroes. Is it any wonder I get distracted when I open boxes and envelopes of yummy cards sent to me for shipping overseas?

Here's Sketch Challenge #05


I've been using a lot of 6 x 6 paper collections lately. I love the smaller designs and the repetition of color without being too matchy-matchy.

For this card I popped the designer paper and the sentiment off the card base by layering several pieces of brown card stock underneath my cut pieces. This gives it a little pop without being bulky. This also makes the card sturdy for shipping. It'll make it to Iraq or Afghanistan and back with no problem!

Bazzill card stock
Basic Grey Nook & Pantry paper pad
Hero Arts sentiment

Here's Sketch Challenge #06


For this card, I jumped out of my comfort zone and used a couple of Copic markers. I've been playing with them, but I've never shared any of my attempts. I'm "coloring challenged." I didn't go to kindergarten. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Bazzill card stock
Karen Foster Scrapper's Floss
Hero Art's butterfly stamp
No clue about the patterned paper; anybody know?

3 comments:

  1. Very cute cards. I love the everything about the butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dixie!! I have to start participating in the sketch challenges because I'm always on the hunt for them!! Yah!!
    Love both your cards! The butterfly on the second one is just GORGEOUS!!! Love the polkadot background too!!!
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never, right! Beautiful cards and your copic coloring is great, no worries there! I've just starting collecting them myself. Check out this blog for unlimited copic tutorials and information:

    http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete