Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fold It, Pop It, Flip It, Zip It, Day 5

I needed a card for a graduation party I'm attending on Saturday. This is a "Scratch-Off" card, and I even included a dime for the scratching!


Here's a close up. Not to worry, I made two so I could show the "inside" of the award.


Here's a picture of the Campbell University graduate. I taught him in 6th grade 10 years ago. Some students you never forget. Congratulations, Marshall!

Spellbinders scallops and inverted scallops dies
Target paper tape
SU card stock
Neenah white card stock

The cards posted for the "Fold It, Pop It, Flip It, Zip It" are from an online class taught by Julie Ebersole through Ellen Hutson, LLC. To get directions, templates, and videos for these cards, you can sign up for the class HERE

8 comments:

Jackie said...

How cool is that??

Carol L said...

This is such a creative and fabulous card!!! You must be so proud to know you played a role in this young man's life, having taught him as a youngster! Bravo!

AllisonG said...

Okay, you absolutely MUST submit a tutorial to OWH for the scratch off part of this card...that is just too cool!

I love that one of your students has stayed in touch with you all these years - it's why we teach, isn't it?! There is nothing like touching others' lives.

Wendy said...

You learned how to make a scratch off card? That's VERY cool! I love it!

rscholz said...

Dixie,I don't comment every time but I do want to say how much I enjoy seeing your cards. I have already CASEd some of your cards and plan to do some more. I really enjoy making CAS cards. Did you use paper tape for the scratch off part and what section of the store did you get it from? Thanks for sharing with us.

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, wow, you did this one! VERY nice!

Paula S. said...

Oh my gosh this is fantastic! I have seen some tutorials on creating scratch-offs but I could never really wrap my mind around a creative but appropriate way to use them. I'm not one for including something in my designs 'just because I can'. I have really been enjoying all your creations from this class and think I may sign on so I can have access at some future time to all the class materials. Oh and yes, I am just about totally convinced that I need to carve out some space for a Silhouette too.

Ronni said...

Dixie - your cards are beautiful! I was wondering what brand of silver paint you used?