Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Poppies

I've seen lots of cards on the web using various long, thin dies with geometric shapes, and they make a great background for a focal point. Well, I don't have one, so I created my own using the software for the Silhouette Cameo. I like it.


I used foam adhesive to pop the card front on the card base creating nice shadows on this clean and simple card.
Memory Box - "Prim Poppy" die
Hero Arts - "All Occasion Messages"
Neenah solar white card stock
SU - Real Red and Old Olive card stock

22 comments:

  1. This card is simply stunning. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dixie, I LOVE this card. Great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I have the die of which you speak (write) and I like your version better. The red in the poppies and the sentiment is the perfect touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used your silhouette. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to come down and see you operate this machine! I just LOVE this card, and think of all the $$ you can save by not buying all those trendy dies! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this....and love that you did it on the Silhouette. I've been trying to do a hexagon/honeycomb background for an A2 sized card and still need to tweak a bit but it's been fun trying!
    Anyway, your card is gorgeous!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've also enjoyed looking around your blog...you have some wonderful creations here. I'm a retired speech therapist. Isn't retirement great? :)
    Anyway, I'm now following your blog!

    Susan
    www.expressionavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply beautiful - a fabulous design and your dies are used perfect!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS card Dixie, so elegant and I love how the flowers really pop.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dixie, this card is just beautiful. What a pop of color the flower makes. You are my CAS hero, I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Dixie your Poppy card is fabulous!! I keep scrolling and don't know where to stop :) Great eye candy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! I think it's safe to say you've mastered using your Silhouette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back visiting again. I was so inspired by your card to try one of my own. :) And I linked back to your card today...hope you don't mind!
    Susan
    www.expressionavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is GENIUS, Dixie! I love love love the dots and the poppies. FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was weak and bought the dies. You are a Silhouette goddess. I wish I had more time to focus on design. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card, love that background behind the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dixie,

    This is stunning! Love the texture and dimension, but am blown away by the simple elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wondefful card and one of my favorite dies! Congrats on this beauty being featured in today's Boot Camp!!

    I was so excited to see that one of my cards was added too! It's such a honor!!

    ReplyDelete