A comment on yesterday's card planted a seed. Paula wrote, "I am immediately envisioning a "tuxedo" version of this for the guys. Very classy look." Thanks, Paula, for a terrific idea!
There's a die that will cut the pieces for a similar paper bow, but I used my Silhouette to cut this one.
I colored the "Candi" pieces with a black Sharpie to make the studs. These embellishments are like brads without the shanks. I used Glossy Accents to attach them.
Bazzill - black card stock
Neenah - white card stock
Craftwork Cards - Candi in Icing Sugar


WOW! This is super elegant! It would make a great invitation for a black tie event.
ReplyDeleteWhat a super cool idea. Just love this. Very elegant.
ReplyDeletehow fun Dixie - great idea with the candi dots also - I think I should pick up a package of white or cream ones for coloring.
ReplyDeleteBarb Housner
You card is so elegant and beautiful. I see you are really enjoying your class.
ReplyDeleteDixie, I loved your other card with the pleats, but you have outdone yourself this time. It's an awesome card!!
ReplyDeleteClassy & fun! I'm still looking for Candi Dots - - they sound so versitile . . . An LSS trip seems to be in order!
ReplyDeleteMary, Wausau WI
Wow!) Love it!
ReplyDeletePinning it right this second! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you Dixie... I get to "see" my vision without trying to figure out exactly how to do it. LOL I've got a long list of ideas constantly going but sadly never even get to half of them so I'm excited that you did this. This really is fabulous looking! :)
ReplyDeleteWtg Dixie and Paula! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteTotally awesome card!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great card. I just love what you did!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for a card! I'm going to have to try that pleating technique soon.
ReplyDeleteOh Dixie... this is awesome. I recently got a Silhouette and bought a bow cut file. I think I need to case this one. thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteblessings ~ Pam
SO SMART! Such a great use for the pleated look!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THAT!!
ReplyDelete*swoon* I think I saw this on Pinterest, even. Perfection!
ReplyDeleteHow do u do the pleat look plz
ReplyDelete